1980 Mercedes-Benz 280GE
Hello and thank you for visiting GwagenATX.com where I am offering for your consideration my somewhat rare (6-door) 1980 Mercedes-Benz 280GE Gelandewagen. I have owned this truck since February 2003 and in that time have spent more than $20,000 in parts, repairs, upgrades, and [tasteful] modifications. I have all receipts as well as a recent insurance appraisal. The following is a partial list of what I have done to the truck:
- Replaced engine with high-compression European-spec low-mileage motor from a 1978 Mercedes-Benz 280CE (coupe)
- New belts and hoses, K&N-type intake, high-output coil, performance plugs and plug wires, MagnaFlow exhaust
- Replaced all engine, transmission, and transfer case mounts
- Boiled-out, sealed, and coated the fuel tank, replaced fuel pump, replaced all rubber fuel lines and fuel sending unit
- Upgraded alternator from 25 amp to 45 amp model, replaced starter, new Optima red-top battery
- Replaced heater fan and wiper shafts
- Replaced headlight buckets with modified buckets from M-B sedan to allow the use common DOT headlights
- Replaced multi-function switch (blinker, wiper, horn, hi-beams), installed hour-meter in dash
- Replaced speedometer cable and speedometer cable gearbox
- Rebuilt shifter for manual transmission (new bushings, clips, pins)
- Fixed rust in body and floor pans, repainted inside and out
- Sprayed interior floors with bedliner
- Installed kick-vents from Toyota FJ-40
- Installed new windshield, replaced all exterior rubber seals (windows, door handles, mirrors etc)
- Custom ABS plastic rocker-panel rub rails
- Custom ABS plastic interior door panels with M-B cargo storage nets
- Reupholstered seats and installed new sun visors
- Custom 5" lift kit (by GelandeKraft) consisting of progressive-rate springs, nitrogen-charged shocks, urethane bushings, and extended braided-stainless-steel brake lines
- Custom rear bumper (by JK Customs) with swing-away tire and fuel can carrier (cans not included), roof rack
- Factory front bumper with hitch pin narrowed 10"
- Removed front fender extensions and "federalized" side marker indicators, welded and filled holes
- New window tint with lifetime (transferable) warranty
Always maintained, well-used, but well loved. I'm only selling because I'm upgrading to diesel and don't have the heart to do a conversion on this old girl.
Currently registered and inspected in Texas (Travis County), Oh, and she's wearing original 1980 YoM plates that will convey with purchase!
I also have available accessories that can be included, installed (or re-installed in some cases). These include auxiliary lights, jump seats, on-board air system, DC/AC power inverter, front fender tread plates, CB radio, etc. as well as numerous spare parts.
email@example.com or (512) 374-9411